Nov 15, 2015

Lantana Shrub

Shrub species : Lantana (Raimuniya)
Collected on : Aug 20, 2015

I found this uprooted stump at a construction site. I had no idea of the tree species until 3½ months later I realized that is a flowering woody shrub. The leaf shape, smell & the tiny thorns led to the identification finally. I never knew this common shrub could grow a trunk as thick as a tree !




Its a miracle that there was life left in this plant. I found it exactly like the extreme left pic, dried up totally. My guess is that it was lying in the sun for 1-2 days before I rescued it. Having found a thick trunk with some roots with zero effort, I simply decided to water it for a few weeks. Nothing to lose :-)


Sept 14 & Oct 7





Dec 31, 2015

The first flower in my bonsai collection ! 5 months from starting this hobby !


UPDATE - Dec 18, 2016

5 comments:

  1. wow, what an intriguing story. :) You have the heart of true plant lover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Abhimanyu. You can watch part 2 of it here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HB2Eph7Lf2U

    ReplyDelete
  3. root over dead wood bonsai update . . .Plz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Prudhvi, you can see it here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMpte73uzB4

      Delete
  4. Hi! I'm from Brazil. Your blog is very interesting! I am exploring everything and learning a lot. Thank you for sharing your experiences.

    ReplyDelete

---- YOU CAN COMMENT ANONYMOUSLY TOO, WITHOUT LOGGING IN ----