Sep 9, 2016

Benefits Of Air Pruning

I am amazed at how many bonsai artists, experts & nurseries seem to be unaware of this basic horticultural science, judging by their blog / YouTube channel ! 

If they already knew the benefits of air-pruning then I wonder why they still use traditional non air-pruning pots for training / growing bonsai or use an air-tight plastic wrap for air-layering. It doesn't make sense at all !




How can they be aware of Akadama soil imported from Japan (advanced knowledge) and yet be ignorant of air-pruning (basic knowledge) ? Amazing ! 

Feel free to educate me. I am all ears and very curious to know the reason. I have asked some youtubers directly, including container gardeners, but felt their responses were not very convincing.





Note - I am not paid by any brand to promote anything here. Just take the concept only, like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

---- YOU CAN COMMENT ANONYMOUSLY TOO, WITHOUT LOGGING IN ----