Jan 26, 2016

Ficus Religiosa (Peepal Tree) No. 1

Tree Species : Ficus Religiosa (Peepal tree)
Collected On : Aug 11, 2015


This tree was growing at the base of a compound wall touching the road and I cut it with a hacksaw blade. Managed to get few roots.




 




It was then planted into garden soil (yes, i was ignorant at the time).
At this stage, I was also ignorant about pots. Hence, I used traditional pots, with poor drainage & almost zero air contact. Today, I would recommend colander. Being a ficus, it survived my ignorant attempts.




Aug 11, 2015

Sept 6




Aug 13

Sept 15

The upper part of the plant was cut and planted into soil as cuttings, in a plastic bottle.


UPDATE

The main trunk and one cutting survives. But both are in bad shape due to pruning. This species responds better to pinching the leaf buds on branch tips rather than pruning.


No comments:

Post a Comment

---- YOU CAN COMMENT ANONYMOUSLY TOO, WITHOUT LOGGING IN ----